During the last month, we have been busy….
At the end of June, twenty six Becconsall U3A members went on a Manchester Ship Canal cruise. The weather was overcast, but stayed dry. The cruise was most enjoyable and a very knowledgeable member from the MSC gave us a most entertaining and informative view of what we could see during the 6 hour journey.
Last week Six members took a 4 day coach holiday break to Llandudno. We had a stop in Chester for a couple of hours before arriving at our hotel in Llandudno. On day 2 we had a coach trip to the Swallow Falls and Betws-y-Coed which was so beautiful and a fine and sunny day. Day 3 and 4 was our free time. Llandudno promenade is just very smart, with all hotels painted in cream colour and the promenade has no stalls of any kind, just a lovely place to sit and look out to the sea or to take a walk on the beautiful promenade. Conway was just 15 minutes away. Most enjoyable break.
Here are some of our Forthcoming events:
- The Oklahoma theatre trip is now full..
- 9th September 6pm at the Hesketh Bank Community Village Hall. Wine Tasting Event with nibbles.
DAY TRIPS BY COACH
- 17th October(Tuesday) Autumn in the English Lake District (£17.60)
- 21st November (Tuesday) Chester for Christmas Shopping (£13.90)
- 29th November (Wednesday). Boundary Mill at the new site in Colne (£13.90)
- 2nd December (Saturday) Grassington Dickensian Festival and Skipton (£18.00)
If you would like your name put down for any of these events or want more information, please email Pat Hankin at: email@example.com