Click on each blue box to expand a list of meetings for each group. More groups to follow as we collate their information.
Unless stated otherwise,the Local History Group meets on alternate Mondays in the Front hall from 10 – 11.30.
- 8th August 2016 – History of Rufford Hall by Gwen Hartley. Presentation – A Walk Round Banks – Members
- 22nd August 2016 – Oral History – Jean Thompson. Rufford New Hall – Vivien Mumford.
- 12th September 2016 – Influences on the Development of Hesketh Bank. The coming of the railway and the establishment of Alty’s Brickworks – Graham Fairhurst.
- 3rd October – Oral History – Malcolm Barron. Historical links to Sollom and the Cock and Bottle – Malcolm Barron.
- 17th October – History of Bank hall – Janet Edwards, Chair Bank Hall trust. Lord Lilford: Family History – Janet Edwards/Pam Canty
- 31st October 2016 – Local Ghost Stories – Vivien Mumford and Members.
- 14th November 2016 – War Memorial Research – Gill Simpson. History of local schools – Vivien Mumford and Elaine Moon.
- Oral History – Graham Iddon.
- 12th December 2016 – Local Poor Relief and Workhouses – Vivien Mumford/Members.<.li>
- 24th August Riley Green Cruise – fully booked
- 25th August Picnic and tour around Hesketh Bank Allotments after the coffee morning at 12 noon
- 10th September Terry’s Pub Quiz and Fish and Chips 7pm in the Back Hall – teams of 6 max – bring a friend or friends £7 including supper. Tickets available from Pat either at the coffee morning or just send an email to Socials@becconsallu3a.org and Pat will sort tickets out for you.
- 17th Sep. Village Show at All Saints Church Grounds – U3a will have a table to advertise our group
- October – tba
- November 16th Coach Trip to Bury Market
- December 3rd (Saturday – 2pm – 4 pm U3a Members Christmas Party – no charge and lots of fun…
- December 11th (Sunday) Coach Trip to Skipton Yuletide Festival and Market
We have two remaining speakers in 2016.
- 8th September 2016 – Peter Turner – Professional magician – be amazed and amused.
- 13th October 2016 Boyd Harris – A photographic presentation of Nepal.
The Luncheon Club has a full programme of events. Please come and join us.
|Tuesday, 14th June 2016||The Farmer’s Arms||Wham Lane, Whitestake. PR4 4JS
|Friday, 8th July 2016||The Legh Arms||82, The Gravel. Mere Brow.
|Tuesday, 9th August 2016||Briars Hall Hotel||Briars Lane, Lathom.
|Friday, 9th September, 2016||The Dolphin Inn||Marsh Lane, Longton.
|Tuesday, 11th October 2016||The Shrimper||Fylde Road, Southport.
|Friday, 11th November 2016||Penwortham Golf Club||Blundell Lane, Penwortham.
|December TBA||Embleys Nurseries||Liverpool Road, Much Hoole. PR4 4RL|
|Tuesday, 10th January, 2017||The Ship Inn||4, Wheat Lane, Lathom.
|Friday, 10th February, 2017||Sooty's Plants||Southport New Road|
|Tuesday, 14th March, 2017||The Blue Anchor Inn||21, South Road, Bretherton.
|Friday, 14th April, 2017||Duxburys Garden Centre||92, Chain House Lane, Whitestake. PR4 4LB|
|Tuesday, 9th May, 2017||Derby House||Mossy Lea Road, Wrightington. WN6 9RE|