Becconsall U3A News
We had another busy coffee morning on Thursday…
- Sue Wilson has produced a tea and coffee rota – we all need to participate. If you cannot be at the Coffee Morning when it is your turn, please ask a friend to help out.
- A rota has been pinned to the notice board for those helping to set out the hall for the coffee mornings.. Further volunteers cContact on firstname.lastname@example.org or at the coffee mornings.
- Please contact Sue Ellis if you would like to help with the Meet and Greet table.
- Our Bullying and Harassment Policy can be read here.
- Hand made cards for Queenscourt available from Jaqui Pickup £1 or more donation
- Thursday August 2rd. Next Coffee morning 10.00a.m
- A further Croquet session is planned for September 11th
- Wine tasting organised for October 12th, details to follow.
- Saturday October 20th Matinee. Me and My Girl Stockport Plaza. Contact Wendy Smith.
- Visit to Blackpool Ice Show. Please sign up if interested. Pat Hankin September 6th. £18 plus coach fee of £10. £15 Deposit a.s.a.p. please.
- Cartmel Races Trip to the last meeting of the year on August 27th. PLEASE bring a deposit of £12 to the coffee morning on Aug 9th. Total cost £24.80 which must be paid by August 23rd.
All available tickets for this performance have now been sold.
Click here to see Local Events
Details of all upcoming events will be available at our Thursday Community meeting – 10 till 12 in the Back Hall. You will need to book and pay a deposit to attend an organised event.
- Art Appreciation – Last meeting of 6 on August 20th with Mike Ellis in the Front Hall
- Backgammon – Wednesday afternoons, weekly – 2.30 – 5.00 at a members’ home, Boundary Lane.
- Badminton – Wednesday afternoons: 2.00 at All Saints Hall.
- Creative Textiles – next meeting on September 3rd. 1.30 in the front hall
- Gardening – Next meeting a visit to the Allotments on Friday 17 August at 10.00. Followed by a visit to Rotten Row Southport on Wednesday August 22nd at 2.30. (Park by the croquet club). Friday August 24th, a visit to Dave and Chris Smith’s garden at 2.30. Also a trip to Weeping Ash open day on Sunday September 9th.
- Local History – Monday September 3rd 10.00 in the front hall
- Luncheon Club – August 24th 12.00 at the Arches
- Reading – Next meeting September 3rd at 5.00 in the Front Hall.
- Spanish – Suspended over summer
- Table Tennis – Every Tuesday 10.00 – 11.30 in Back Hall.
- Ukulele -To be advised.
- Walking – Next walk. The Tolkien Trail, 6 miles from Hurst Green. Meet at 9.30 in Mark Square. Bring a picnic.
- Walking Netball 12.30 to 1.30. Banks Leisure Centre each Friday
To see a list of Local History Group meetings for 2017 – please click here