Becconsall U3A News
We had another busy coffee morning on Thursday…
- Elaine Moon has produced tea and coffee and reception desk rotas for 2019- we all need to participate. There is a stand in sheet for both rotas if you can help out. If you cannot be at the Coffee Morning when it is your turn, please inform a committee member.
- A rota has been pinned to the notice board for those helping to set out the hall for the coffee mornings.. Further volunteers are required for 2019. Please enter your name on the list or contact Dave on email@example.com or at the coffee mornings.
- Please contact Sue Ellis if you would like to help with the Meet and Greet table.
- Our Bullying and Harassment Policy can be read here.
- Hand made cards for Queenscourt available from Jaqui Pickup £1 or more donation.
- Liz and Peter Rimmer are visiting Gambia again. If you have any soft toys can you pass them to Liz to take with her. Also any child’s outgrown football kit would be appreciated.
- Next Coffee morning Thursday October 25th
- Please bring any spare black buttons around 3/4 to 1 inch diameter for the paper poppies planned for November. We have 170 so far, 30 more would be good.
- November 20th. Trip to Chester Christmas Market with Holmeswood Coaches. £14.50.
- November 24th. Lancashire day Lunch at Tarleton Bowling Club. Entertainment by Sid Calderbank and Friends. More details on September 27th..
- December 5th Christmas Dinner at The Arches. Please sign up.
- December 20th Christmas Party.
All available tickets for this performance have now been sold.
Click here to see Local Events
Details of all upcoming events will be available at our Thursday Community meeting – 10 till 12 in the Back Hall. You will need to book and pay a deposit to attend an organised event.
- Art Appreciation – Friday November 9th. Visit to the Walker Art Gallery Liverpool. Time t.b.c.
- Backgammon – Wednesday afternoons, weekly – 2.30 – 5.00 at a members’ home, Boundary Lane.
- Badminton – Wednesday afternoons: 2.00 at All Saints Hall.
- Creative Textiles – Next meeting on Monday October 29th. 1.30 in the front hall.
- Gardening – No meetings until spring 2019
- Local History – Monday October 29th 10.00 in the front hall. Gill Simpson Tarleton War Memorial
- Luncheon Club –
- Reading – Next meeting Monday October 29th. at 5.00 in the Front Hall
- Table Tennis – Every Tuesday 10.00 – 11.30 in Back Hall.
- Walking – Next walk. Monday October 22nd. 6 miles around Banks. Peter and Sylvia. Meet at Mark Square 9.30. Food at Sootys.
- Walking Netball 12.30 to 1.30. Banks Leisure Centre each Friday
To see a list of Local History Group meetings for 2017 – please click here